PANTONE® Color of the Year 2016
New year, new colors. For the first time ever, PANTONE® has announced not one but two choices for Color of the Year. The color experts at Pantone, the company best known for its Pantone Matching System, have chosen the blending of PANTONE 13-1520 Rose Quartz and PANTONE 15-3919 Serenity for 2016.
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute and “America’s Color Guru,” named the two colors this year’s sought-after pigments for fashion, beauty, industrial design, and home furnishings. In a nod to modern consumers’ seeking an antidote to contemporary stresses, the colors are softer than recent Pantone color of the year choices and are said to reflect a sense of connection, wellness, order, and peace.
Pantone describes Rose Quartz as a “persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure”; whereas, Serenity is seen as a color that “brings feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.” Folks following fashion trends will begin seeing hues of pink and baby blue in everything from coats and lipstick to appliances and curtains.
At Milliken Chemical we’re mindful of color as well. Our line of versatile colorants offer vivid, easy-to-use, high-performance additives to produce nearly every shade and hue—including Pantone’s Color of the Year—in a variety of applications. Milliken’s technical resources and knowledge base allow us to find solutions for our customers’ coloring needs.
Milliken’s Performance Colorants include the following products:
- ClearTint®—a transparent colorant designed to enhance Millad® clarifying agents in everything from transparent polypropylene packaging to indoor durable goods
- Creative Colorants—proprietary polymeric colorants for use in washable applications, such as markers, paints, and other art products
- DispersiTech™—custom-blended pigment and additive dispersions for use in applications including foam, industrial composites, and coatings
- Liquitint®—polymeric colorants for laundry products, household cleaners, institutional and industrial chemicals, and a variety of aqueous applications
- Reactint®—polymeric colorants for use in polyurethane and other thermoset resin applications
- Versatint®—a water soluble polymeric colorant for synthetic textiles
- ViviTint®—a vibrant liquid colorant for synthetic leather
Whether you’re using a traditional CMYK color or 2016’s Rose Quartz or Serenity, your products will stand out with one of Milliken's Performance Colorants. Make 2016 your year to invigorate your world with color!
To learn more about our colorants, contact us today.