Clearer, Better, Faster: Milliken Features New Products and High Performance Solutions at NPE 2018
Plastic products reach into almost every area of our lives. From packaging, housewares and furniture to industrial, automotive and appliance applications, every industry needs high performance products and technology to deliver the greatest value to their customers. Join Milliken at NPE 2018 in Orlando, Florida during the week of May 7 – 11 to experience the benefits of the latest innovations in plastic applications including thermoforming, injection molding, extrusion blow molding, and compression blow forming.
New Technologies on Display at NPE 2018
At this year’s show, Milliken will launch two brand new products designed to improve the physical properties of polypropylene impact copolymers:
- Performance Modifier for Injection-Molded Polypropylene (PP) Impact Copolymers (ICPs)—By improving impact strength, stiffness, and melt flow, this unique performance modifier improves the physical properties of post-consumer recycled resins, creating added benefits for cost and sustainability.
- New Technology in the Milliken Hyperform® HPN Family of Nucleating Agents—This technology is specifically designed to maximize stiffness in PP ICPs while also improving performance in terms of impact strength and melt flow.
Clearer, Better, Faster Plastics Technology
Milliken will also showcase an extensive portfolio of advanced technologies designed to provide added benefits in material clarity, performance and processing:
- Clearer: NX™ UltraClear PP—Clarified with Milliken’s Millad® NX™ 8000 clarifier, this polypropylene delivers glass-like transparency, light weight, and easy recyclability for a wide variety of PP applications
- Better: New Hyperform® HPN Nucleator and ClearShield® UV Absorbers—The latest technology in Milliken’s new Hyperform® HPN Nucleator delivers improved impact resistance and melt flow for PP ICPs, resulting in greater strength and stiffness, while also enabling thinner gauges for cost-effective downgauging. ClearShield® UV absorbers for PET protect foods, beverages, personal care products and household cleaners from the harmful effects of UV rays, enhancing color stability and extending product shelf life.
- Faster: Millad NX 8000 Clarifier and Hyperform HPN nucleating agents—Millad NX 8000 Clarifier enables broader use of PP to increase production speeds in injection molding. Hyperform HPN nucleating agents shorten cooling times and contribute to higher productivity by creating a unique crystal orientation in PP and PE. And because these technologies can be used for PP grades with high melt flow, they facilitate faster overall cycle times.
Stop by booth #S26023 to experience Milliken’s next-generation additive technologies and solutions for the plastics industry first-hand and see why polymer producers, converters, designers and brand owners rely on Milliken to deliver the innovations they need to solve their most important challenges.