UV Absorber - Milliguard® UVX-200HF
A Groundbreaking UV Absorber for Polyurethane Applications
Milliken’s Milliguard® UVX-200HF is a reactive, polymeric UV absorber that acts as the first line of defense in polyurethane foam applications, combating degradation and yellowing caused by UV, gas, and thermal exposure.
Whereas traditional UV absorbers often migrate out of the substrate, resulting in degradation over time, Milliguard® UVX-200HF overcomes this limitation by reacting directly into the polymer. Poised to meet increasingly stringent environmental, heath, and safety (EH&S) standards, Milliguard® UVX-200HF allows for better, safer, and more stable polyurethane parts.
Potential Performance Benefits
- Enhances PU part quality by reducing discoloration and degradation
- Maintains part quality with lower UV absorber usage levels
- Reduces emission profile of the final part
- Results in powerful antioxidant/UV stability performance when used in conjunction with Milliken’s Milliguard® AOX-1 Antioxidant
Features & Technical Performance
- Reduces discoloration and degradation caused by UV and thermal exposure
- Reduces discoloration caused by NOx gas exposure
- Meets global environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) standards
- Improves VDA 278 compliance for highly demanding PU and TPU applications
Milliguard® UVX-200HF Applications
- Automotive interiors