Gelling Agent - Millithix® MT-800
Bring improved sensory and performance characteristics to your product while also creating greater manufacturing flexibility.
Millithix® MT-800 provides both easier processing during manufacturing and superior end-use products. Milliken & Company’s newest patented gelling technology has a clear and strong future.
- Clearer, stronger antiperspirant gel
- Reduced white residue in solid deodorant
- A smoother, glide-on feel for lipstick
- Bright, vibrant colors in a variety of personal care products
Millithix® MT-800 could be the solution you've been waiting for.
Improve Your Manufacturing with Millithix® MT-800
Millithix® MT-800 provides a technical trifecta that has previously been unattainable:
- Acts as an efficient gelator in non-polar solvents, oils, and waxes, with a typical loading ranging from 1% to 15%, depending on formulation and desired hardness.
- Creates clear and stable gels to maximize formulation and product potential.
- Processes at low temperatures due to both low dissolution and gelation characteristics, allowing for faster processing and greater formulation flexibility, especially when dealing with volatile additives (e.g., fragrances).
How does Millithix® MT-800 work? It's simple.
Step 1: Add Millithix® MT-800 to your solvent system.
Step 2: Heat the mixture with agitation until it’s completely dissolved.
Step 3: Add any additional ingredients.
Step 4: Cool the formulation to the proper temperature.
Dissolution temperatures are typically less than 100°C (212°F) and gelling temperatures are typically around 60°C (140°F). The exact value depends on the formulation.
- Body oils
- Other personal care products