Static-dissipative Additives - Zelec
Static-dissipative Additive for Coatings and Plastics
Offering a superior product that consistently outperforms on the market, Milliken offers the complete line of Zelec electroconductive powders (ECP's) to dissipate static in a variety of coating, packaging, fiber, and film products. Zelec ECP's are used in a number of specialty applications, from factory floors to electronics manufacturing.
Manufacturers embrace these premium ECP's for their remarkable flexibility and durability. Unlike carbon black, Zelec ECP's can be formulated in a broad spectrum of colors — in whites, pastels, and brights. They can be formulated into clear films and coatings, and Zelec ECP's are exceptionally stable, retaining their conductive properties regardless of temperature and humidity.
Advantages to using Zelec
- Color possibilities - Zelec ECP's are light blue-gray to light green-gray in color, allowing applied coatings and plastics to be formulated in a wide range of colors, including white. The non-core grade ECP can also be formulated into transparent applications. Why should ECPs limit your creative options?
- Flexibility - Zelec ECP's can be used in either solvent-borne or water-borne formulations.
- Stability - Atmospheric moisture does not affect the performance of Zelec ECP's, which means conductivity remains the same under both low and high humidity. Our product is also resistant to acids, bases, oxidizers, and high temperatures. We knew that durable stability is crucial for highest quality results.
- Performance - Zelec ECPs perform over a wide range of surface resistivity (103 ohm/sq to 1012 ohm/sq). The greatest determining factor in surface resistivity is the concentration of ECP's in the coating or plastic.
- Clean rooms
- Dissipative coatings
- Electronic packaging and film
- Security inks
- Electronic components